- Increases the cation exchange and buffer capacity of soil and thus free P, Ca and microelements held by clay minerals and increase their availability to plants.
- Chelates nutrients and reduces leaching of chemical fertilizers.
- Increases organic matter in soil and decrease the use of inorganic chemicals fertilizers.
- Helps break up compacted clay soils and allowing for enhanced water penetration and better root zone growth and development.
- Adds essential organic material necessary for water retention in sandy soil and thus improving root growth and enhancing the sandy soil’s ability to retain and not leach out vital plant nutrients.
- Mitigates the toxic effect on plants in high salinity and sodicity soils.
- Enhances growth and proliferation of beneficial micro-organisms in soil.
- Helps in balancing the soil pH.
Directions for use
For soil application, dilute at a rate of 1 part HUM-POTATO to 50 parts water. For foliar application, dilute at a rate of 1 part HUM-POTATO to 250 parts water. It can be used alone or in combination with fertilizers and pesticides. A compatibility test is recommended prior to mixing with other chemicals. Shake well before use. Apply 3 gallons per acre during the cultivation season using pivot irrigation system.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. In case of contact, immediately flush skin, eyes or clothing with plenty of water for at least for 10 minutes.
Time and Rate of Applications
HUM-POTATO 1258 PKP is a natural organic soil conditioner and fertilizer. It is brown to black in color and soluble in water.
- At pre-planting, promotes strong early growth, enhancing root mass.
- Provides Potassium required for the production and transport of nitrogen and carbohydrates to the tuber and for enzyme activation and protein synthesis.
- Replenishes Potassium in soils and plants with chlorosis along edges of leaves.
- Makes Phosphorous available and thus increases cell division at the early stages of plant growth.
- Increases photosynthesis and enhances growth in in stunted plants.
- Corrects the delay in maturity and poor tuber development.
- Maximizes dry matter, ensures maximum tuber set and quality.
- Improves resistance to drought by maintaining the ionic balance and water.
- Corrects nutrition of potato and reduces tuber bruising prior to harvest.
- Increases number of tubers with uniform size and increases yield