How does American Humus™ decreases the need for chemical fertilizers?
- The high cation exchange capacity (CEC) and buffer capacity of American Humus™ increases nutrient availability to plants.
- As a cheating agent that slows the release of plant nutrients, American Humus™ reduces the leaching of chemical fertilizers.
- Reduced leaching allows the farmer to increase crop yields and soil fertility and decrease the use of inorganic chemicals fertilizers.
How does American Humus™ improve soil health?
- It helps break up compacted clay soils, allowing for enhanced water penetration and better root zone growth and development.
- It adds essential organic material necessary for water retention in sandy soils, thus improving root growth and enhancing the ability of sandy soil to retain vital plant nutrients.
- It mitigates the toxic effect of high salinity and high sodium content of soil on plants.
- It enhances the growth and proliferation of beneficial micro-organisms in soil.
- The buffer capacity of American Humus™ helps in balancing soil pH levels.
How does American Humus™ improve plant growth?
- It frees up nutrients in the soil so that they are made available to the plant as needed.
- It is able to chelate micro nutrients, thus increasing their bio-availability to plants.